Author Topic: Anyone watching FightNight 42?  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Bargey

• Administrator
  • Bantam
    • View Profile
Anyone watching FightNight 42?
« on: June 07, 2014, 07:56:52 PM »
Benson Henderson vs a Russian guy - can't remember his name. But also John Dodson and Diego Sanchez are on the card.

I'm pretty sure Bendo takes it but I don't see him making another title run unfortunately. Hopefully Dodson can get up as well.

Offline Throttlehead

• Midget
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone watching FightNight 42?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 10:52:30 PM »
That Sanchez fight was a robbery, he wasn't even close to winning.

Bendo came through in the end but the Russian was a hell of a fighter, he will be back and challenging I think.

Offline lennon

• Administrator
  • Major Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 12:13:18 AM »
The commissions really have to get serious about judges and refs, this is getting a bit ridiculous. There is no way in hell Pearson lost that fight. I feel for these guys when this happens, it sets them back in rankings and most likely pay down the road and currently.

I was surprised Bendo actually finished the Russian, and this Russian dude is going to get better, I agree Throttle.

I was also a little disappointed in the Pettis fight, I think he needs to risk a bit more, he certainly has the talent. That little griffin Dodson is a bundle of speed, explosion and power.
Imagine! Oilers in the playoffs

Offline Schultz

• Midget
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 01:12:09 AM »
Good evening gentlemen. Welcome to the board Bargey. I have to concur about the Sanchez Pearson fight, that was robbery maybe the worst I have seen. Some of these events are pretty watered down, even though it was free I am still complaining :)
I know nothing!

Offline Bargey

• Administrator
  • Bantam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 07:57:31 PM »
Thanks Schultz.

I totally agree guys about Pearson getting just slayed by the judges. The one thing I will say is that no-one wil hold it against him. Gotta say I was impressed with Bendo and Dodson. Maybe I was wrong about him not having another title chance. That guy who he fought was really good - actually outwrestled Bendo at times.

I liked how Bendo took a subtle shot at Pettis in a postfight interview - because he's been out so long.