Author Topic: Trading Nail  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Schultz

• Midget
    • View Profile
Trading Nail
« on: June 30, 2014, 01:48:49 AM »
It appears Yakupov is not going to get top 6 minutes this year, and it is starting to seem he just doesn't fit very well. I have no idea why they drafted him in the first place according to team needs and who was #2 #3 pick.

I would try a deal with the Islanders, Yakupov for Dal Colle and Clutterbuck. We are more in need of a Clutterbuck than a Yakupov right now and we would have a nice bigger scoring winger in Dal Colle coming in a few years. I thingk it kind of makes sense for both sides. I am sure Tavares wouldn't mind Yakupov on the wing right now.
I know nothing!

Offline boram

• Bantam
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Nail
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:15:05 PM »
They drafted him because Katz' kid loved him.  Now that he's bigger than him, the gloss has worn off ^__^ 

But really, this is the worst time to trade Yak.  He's our asset, we can't just pretend we didn't draft him, and hes at a career low in value.  No choice but to try to build him up, and see if he is a piece of the core, or a piece to move, but he can't move unless he improves.

Offline Trez

• Midget
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 03:54:00 AM »
They drafted him because Katz' kid loved him.  Now that he's bigger than him, the gloss has worn off ^__^ 

But really, this is the worst time to trade Yak.  He's our asset, we can't just pretend we didn't draft him, and hes at a career low in value.  No choice but to try to build him up, and see if he is a piece of the core, or a piece to move, but he can't move unless he improves.

Yeah sounds about right on the scouting staff :)

Yakupov may have low trade value right now but he does have that first season on resume where he scored some goals. Also, the Eakins affect made everyone look bad last year, he did no favours for player's stats. I would assume teams scouted Yakupov in his draft year and also understand there is some upside for sure. the previous poster mentioned Dal Colle and Clutterbuck in a trade, I actually don't mind that deal since Clusterbuck will bring a lot of what we still need and obviously we would be taking a chance on Dal Colle, but I like that chance. If you look at it from NY side, it probably looks appealing. I like Yakupov he seems pumped and stuff but he really has no clue how to play proper hockey and I don't mean just bad on defence, the kid looks lost out there A LOT, he reverts back to Russian hockey quite often. I suppose they should wait on the kid, he is young but I don't see him ever being a Stamkos as he was portrayed, not even close.
Hating someone is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Offline Throttlehead

• Midget
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 01:54:57 AM »
Nail failed!

I had a chance to see  him live in the Subway series, it was VERY evident at the time that Nuchushkin was twice the player and a year younger. Yakupov is just never really in the play, his possession of the puck is limited at best, he does everything very quick but nothing brilliant. I have never liked that pick and I hope they put him on the first line, pump him up and trade him. He still plays Russian hockey when under pressure (passes the puck back instead of forward), he has no clue on position, can't move around to get his supposed awesome one timer off.

The good thing is he is still young, so lets hope he gets it together somewhat, if not big positive signs this year, skid him for whatever. We will ALWAYS have the worry of him bolting to the KHL if things get rough.