Author Topic: Oilers signed Benoit Pouliot to a five-year contract  (Read 1223 times)

Offline lennon

• Administrator
  • Major Junior
    • View Profile
Oilers signed Benoit Pouliot to a five-year contract
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:39:52 PM »
Benoit Pouliot could not be happier to join an Edmonton Oilers team that he believes is on the rise.

“Very excited,” Pouliot, 27, said. “I think with everything that Edmonton has gone through and everything that is now going for them, I think it’s a good opportunity with the young guys and everything. I’m still in shock. I’m really, really excited and I can’t really express how much I am. I’m just really looking forward to it. It’s going to be a good fit for me and I really like it.”

The Oilers agreed to terms with Pouliot on a five-year contract shortly after the free agency market opened on Tuesday. After spending the last four seasons in different cities, Pouliot was eager to make this contract more stable.
Imagine! Oilers in the playoffs

Offline boram

• Bantam
    • View Profile
Re: Oilers signed Benoit Pouliot to a five-year contract
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:04:26 PM »
yeah, I'll bet you're in shock after getting a 5-year deal at over 3 times the cash you made last year on a one-year deal!  And the fact this is the first time you've ever been signed for over a year post ELC!

Anyway, now that you're one of us, i hope the best for you ^__^

But I don't expect you to match your contract value, and won't crucify you when you don't.

Offline Trez

• Midget
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:05:17 AM »
For some reason I think this may be the only over paid guy that might do ok :)  I agree Boram, it may take him 10 games just to get out of shock. I am sure when his agent told him what the offer was he said, GTFO your kidding,

He does add exactly what we need, a more skilled Hendrix.
Hating someone is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Offline boram

• Bantam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 09:02:38 PM »
If anything, he should get credit for somehow putting up consistent numbers - clockwork consistent - with four different teams over four years. 

If he doesn't put up ~35-40 points here, the problem would not be with him, but with something in the system.  Benny seems to fit in any system.