Author Topic: New Assistant Coaches  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Schultz

• Midget
    • View Profile
New Assistant Coaches
« on: March 20, 2014, 10:42:07 AM »
I think we should hire up Todd Nelson and Rick Tocchet, if Eakins fails at the beginning of next year, you have two guys who can step right in. Rick Tocchet is a character guy who could really help mould the young guys and Nelson seems to have good communication skills. Bucky and Smith and Acton can go. We would still need one more good assistant that could teach and develop the defensemen.
I know nothing!

Offline Schultz

• Midget
    • View Profile
Re: New Assistant Coaches
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:22:18 PM »
I could get onboard with that idea, always loved Tocchet and he has been a head coach before, so I'm sure he has learned from his coaching mistakes. I would also think he could depussify a few players.
I know nothing!

Offline boram

• Bantam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 10:48:48 PM »
Why you responding to yourself, bro?

If we replace Eakins, I want a better experience/record than Tocchet's 53-69-26 from four years ago.   Not sayin' Eakins is the answer, but to end the revolving door, I want a bona fide answer.

Offline Schultz

• Midget
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 11:51:39 AM »
Why you responding to yourself, bro?

If we replace Eakins, I want a better experience/record than Tocchet's 53-69-26 from four years ago.   Not sayin' Eakins is the answer, but to end the revolving door, I want a bona fide answer.

Well thank you for noticing...lol  I wanted someone to talk about it.

I wouldn't say Tocchet is a great head coach replacement at the moment, but he would certainly be a good replacement for one of our current assistants. Tocchet's record as head coach in Tampa really doesn't say much, that team was in a funk with owners etc at the time. I love his attitude and no nonsense personality. I heard somewhere  that Trotts may get fired if the Preds miss playoffs, we should jump on him if it happens. I also think Todd nelson would be an excellent assistant and I have no doubts he would be better than Eakins as HC.

What the hell was Eakins doing last night, he played certain players till their tongues were hanging out. The guy's decisions and methods are hard to figure out sometimes.  He just comes across like a rookie on almost every occasion, imagine hearing this in his voice "the St. Louis Blues", "The San Jose Sharks" "The Pittsburg Penguins", he talks about them like he just got called up to play game with them. Its strange!! 
I know nothing!

Offline boram

• Bantam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 12:26:53 AM »
Fair enough.  Though I think you and I could be decent replacements for the assistants :P

It is an odd strategy with his allocation of minutes - Perhaps no one knows how to play his game, so he spends most of practice teaching (hence the easy practices), and leaves the games to work on conditioning. 

No I don't actually believe that.  Though really, you can only give a line of Gazdic/McIntyre/Jones so many minutes, too.

Offline Trez

• Midget
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 12:13:47 AM »
With Trotz now available, it sure makes me wish we could pull the pin, keep Eakins as assistant.

Just our luck, its like 1rst overalls, we miss the good ones.
Hating someone is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Offline Throttlehead

• Midget
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 02:02:09 AM »
Ramsay is going to be a huge help.

The real question is, how do we take Eakins keys away without making a big stink. Mr Sprinkles should be gone, he has no clue how to coach at NHL level and why dose have to wait for him to learn.