Author Topic: Oilers vs Flames  (Read 2283 times)

Offline lennon

• Administrator
  • Major Junior
    • View Profile
Oilers vs Flames
« on: March 22, 2014, 10:53:15 AM »
Season winding down, last game against Flames this year.
Imagine! Oilers in the playoffs

Offline Throttlehead

• Midget
    • View Profile
Re: Oilers vs Flames
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 08:41:29 PM »
I don't mind Cherry most of the time but I wonder about his sanity lately, this whole Gazdic visor thing is stupid. I'm sure if both players AGREED to toss their helmets, Gazdic would be more than happy to dance, but in no way should he take the extra penalty. Cherry stfu about this nonsense.

Offline Throttlehead

• Midget
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 08:43:40 PM »
We had some strange luck tonight, everything went in it seemed. I really am liking how Lander is looking with Nuge and Eberle, I am also liking how Klefbom is looking. I am not liking how the Flames are kicking us again :(      Very strange game.

Offline Trez

• Midget
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 08:52:25 PM »
We had some strange luck tonight, everything went in it seemed. I really am liking how Lander is looking with Nuge and Eberle, I am also liking how Klefbom is looking. I am not liking how the Flames are kicking us again :(      Very strange game.

I like what Lander is doing as well, very good cycle game.
Hating someone is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Offline lennon

• Administrator
  • Major Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 09:11:13 PM »
Whining about getting some water splashed on you Eakins...seriously? I guess he does think he is a barbie doll, get rid os this ego maniac.

Offline lennon

• Administrator
  • Major Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 09:22:45 PM »
Good on Scrivens for throwing the sweater back.

Bad on Eakins for making Hall sit out shifts to begin the third, its really hard to figure that guy out, personally I  don't care to.

Offline Trez

• Midget
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 11:02:26 PM »
Whining about getting some water splashed on you Eakins...seriously? I guess he does think he is a barbie doll, get rid os this ego maniac.

Apparently Perron didn't mind the water and sided with Hall, douche move by the coach.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:08:33 PM by Trez »
Hating someone is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Offline boram

• Bantam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 11:35:48 PM »
Can't defend Eakins this time.  It actually looked like he was angry that his suit got wet.

"Yeah, we're down 5-1 in our own barn, against our blood rivals, but at least I got a great deal on this suit at Moore's, twenty dollah tie, yo----WHAT THE, THATS IT HALL YOUR BENCHED."

I'd be fine with the benching if it was for his horrible 2-way play tonight (he was very poor), but it seems it was for that incident.  Disappointed :(

TH, agree completely with your visor comments about Gazdic, Cherry was way off-base.  Yeah, just take that instigator at put your team at a disadvantage, following the mythical "tough-guy code" is more important.  On that note, really wished Big Mac was playin' tonight.   We completely capitulated.

Offline lennon

• Administrator
  • Major Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 01:06:33 AM »
Can't defend Eakins this time.  It actually looked like he was angry that his suit got wet.

"Yeah, we're down 5-1 in our own barn, against our blood rivals, but at least I got a great deal on this suit at Moore's, twenty dollah tie, yo----WHAT THE, THATS IT HALL YOUR BENCHED."

I'd be fine with the benching if it was for his horrible 2-way play tonight (he was very poor), but it seems it was for that incident.  Disappointed :(

TH, agree completely with your visor comments about Gazdic, Cherry was way off-base.  Yeah, just take that instigator at put your team at a disadvantage, following the mythical "tough-guy code" is more important.  On that note, really wished Big Mac was playin' tonight.   We completely capitulated.

I just can't imagine any other coach in the league responding that way to getting his suit and hair sprinkled, that pretty much summed up the guy for me.

We really need someone in the top 6 to become that leader, Hall will get there eventually, I just couldn't believe that when he was visually pissed off and threw the bottle (which may have sent a message to a few players) that he got tamped on by Eakins. Seems to me that Eakins wants to be the man. Friggin buffoon !!  There is no way our players will stay if this idiot stays, I don't care how many coaches we have fired, Eakins is the wrong guy. If people want to say its the players getting coaches fired, Id say you are wrong, it was not the reason Renny got fired (he was making progress, seemed like a keep Lowes job firing) it was MacT who fired Kreuger who agin made progress. This current buffoon has regressed in every category.  Skid him ASAP, Todd Nelson is twice the coach.

Sorry Boram, I totally disagree about big Mac, it would have been 10-1 and he at the most would have fought McGrattan, big deal. I didn't think we got beat up tonight at all, we got out worked and out lucked. It was one of the weirdest games I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:09:09 AM by lennon »

Offline boram

• Bantam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 09:54:32 PM »
Oh, I know what you mean.  But when you get thrashed by a local rival, you want to see some blood.  I'm not above admitting that.

And really, that's why we signed him again, it wasn't for veteran mentorship in the A.  Guy can't even skate. 

Offline Throttlehead

• Midget
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 11:50:09 PM »
I really like the Gazdic signing, he is young, can actually play hockey, and is a very bad man to fight. He also seems to get along well with the team.